Cybercrime is a real threat and will be the most dangerous threat to the world to companies and to individuals in the future, because it’s covered by governments for/against governments too, and there is no real action against these cyber criminals and they become more stronger with highest techniques everyday
Because to commit a crime or to attack someone, you no longer need to be physically close to them. You can do it from any point in the world to any other point in the world through the internet. And that’s what makes cybercrime so dangerous. It’s a very lucrative business. Even though it’s illegal but opting for information gathering. There is simply for financial goals.
It is really pretty inexpensive to be a hacker to acquire the tools and the capabilities is pretty expensive. And it doesn’t cost very much to launch an attack. So hackers have a big advantage because it’s much more expensive and much more difficult to defend
Some Hackers are a very interesting group There’s a certain level of, I have to prove I can do this and I can get to you. And some of them are just motivated by the hack. The money is almost incidental. And so it’s a very interesting set of motivations. It’s the I’m really technically smart, but I can also make money and so that makes it very dangerous.
- Definition of cybercrime:
Cybercrime is a virtual hostage taker, using the same principles as a hostage taker. high demands and no cooperation. And the same way you need to protect yourself against crime in the real world. You have to protect yourself from cybercrime in the online world.
Diff. names Cyber-crime white collar crime high tech crime electronic crime info crime
- Characteristics of cybercrime
- remote implementation
- Execution speed
- concealment of crime
- Soft crime
- difficult to prove.
- Low cost
- cultural contamination
- Transcendent /double without borders
- Very Difficult to Locate the crime scene and evidence proving the crime has become very difficult.
- Description of the hackers/ attackers:
They are very professional. They are friendly, they are respectful. They talk in a very educated way. And they start this negotiation by telling you what they want, which is always a lot of money, and no cooperation. It’s interesting because they know exactly the right amount of money because they have analysed the company before very often for five or six months. So they know exactly the revenue, they know the profit. They know all the figures very often better than the own manager as his company.
- How it is operating:
Their power of hackers depends on who you’re gonna pick as a target and what’s the value behind it? One of the most important motives nowadays is a financial motive. So if there is no money behind, then why someone should choose that particular company as a target, maybe in order to gather some information. If so, then it’s a targeted attack. And when we are discussing here, targeted attacks, that’s the power of hackers. Yet someone is able to gather information about us as much as they can, in order to manage to get insight.
- It is easy for me as an attacker to go out and use technology to find vulnerabilities. And then once I find all the people that are vulnerable, I can look in there and say, who has the most money or who has what I want? And then they become my target,
- hackers have both technical and psychological or social skills. They’ve gotten very good with, with phishing emails or things they might send you in a text or things that they put in Facebook, all of this. They understand it’s very much. Well, it’s a technical set of tools. They’re very much working on your mind, right? They’re trying to change your behavior. They’re trying to get you to take an action that is beneficial to them. And they know it’s just not the technical part they have to understand how your mind works, and they have to get to your decision-making process.
- The attacker go out and use technology to find vulnerabilities. And then once I find all the people that are vulnerable, I can look in there and say, who has the most money or who has what I want? And then they become my target, attacker to go out and use technology to find vulnerabilities. And then once I find all the people that are vulnerable, I can look in there and say, who has the most money or who has what I want? And then they become my target,
- There are a lot of different types of cyber-attacks out there. And the type of attack that’s typically used depends on the objective of the cyber attacker,
- Over 60% of attacks that are actually happening through phishing.
- Another type of an attack might be related with social engineering, where someone is trying to physically get us into something, there might be a person getting into building, there might be a pens person, even dropping your pen drive in front of our building. So these are the attacks that we are experiencing.
- A) against governments
- Conspiracy and political incitement
- Spreading extremism and terrorism
- Vandalism and fraud
- B) against individuals
- physical slander
- C) Data Hacking
- D) identity theft
- E) Cyber bullying
- The aims of cybersecurity:
- Data Theft
- Shutdown Servers, computers and Cripples entities
- Financial benefits
- Create damage.
- The results/outcomes of cybercrime:
A lot of different outcomes of a potential cyber-attack or a breach because it really depends on the objective of the attacker and the type of breach. Let’s take ransomware as a simple example, you can either pay the ransom, you can either not get infected by the ransomware. Or You can either restore from backup if you’ve if you’ve done it properly, or you just let it all go and rebuild from scratch, right and whatever consequences come from there.
We never recommend that they should pay the ransom unless they absolutely have to, because you know 80% Of all customers that pay ransom, they get hit again by this email by ransomware. right again, if the company has got the right controls in place, and continuous update for backup and other server secure, then they may be able to prevent ransomware completely. If for example, it is targeted and it gets on the machine due to a social engineering or phishing attack.
- The power of a cyber attacker / Damages of cybercrimes / hackers can do:
- It can simply stop your business operations. So, nobody wants to lose their data. Nobody wants to just simply stop functioning and do their basic business activities.
- Exposing secret and secure data’s ,kind of top VIP confidential.
- They have tools that can actually cause physical harm,
- financial losses for entities and individuals,
- political harm,
- reputational harm to organizations and individuals alike.
- What you should do when you get cyber-attack:
They operate very professionally, just that they shut down the system and they hand over a telephone number one email address, making sure you can contact them immediately. And most clients underestimate this danger. So what they try to avoid this negotiation which is always wrong, you need to contact them immediately. Because time is not on your side. You need to start this negotiation immediately. So you reach out to this number to this email. Usually get a password making sure you are the right one to call this organization and then they tell you what they want. it’s important to not to commit yourself at the beginning, because there’s always a lack of information. So you should never say no, you should never say yes. And we are important. You should not try to convince them that it’s illegal and they shouldn’t do it. So you need to negotiate with the cybercriminals. And the first thing what you do you ask for a so-called Proof of Life, you hand over a homework for them to restore the most complicated element of your IT system. Then you start to negotiate the amount of money Result of noncooperation’s- clients can’t sell the product- They can’t send invoices. They’re completely out of business, and they will lose millions ((not paying is not an option. And waiting is not an option)). Time is never on our side. We need to stay in contact from all new closely. If we have to pay the ransom we can’t transfer millions of dollars except by cryptocurrency. So, you need to be prepared. After reaching an agreement, you get a bank account and then you transfer the money and then they restore the system immediately and they offer a helpline 24-hour.
- How to protect us for cybercrime /cyber-attack:
- Use Strong passwords, as the Dubai Court did, and changed the capture to the one-time password.
- Check the electronic attachments and do not click on any link.
- Use antivirus and antivirus software.
- Spreading awareness and societal laws to protect individuals.
- Security protocols
- Monitors kids and their online access.
- Federal Law No. (34) of 2021 on Combating Rumors and Cybercrimes, came into force on January 2, 2022. This law replaces the previous Federal Law Decree by Federal Law No. 5 of 2012 regarding combating information technology crimes.
P.s:“The definition of the law has become broader, more prosperous, and more comprehensive for all electronic crimes, adapted to the development and changes of the times.”
- Actual Examples of the cybercrimes:
- 2018, criminal named “Adhar” where they leake 1.1B person from Indian nationalities.
- Hacking crime, loss trading in Egypt for books printing and copyrights losses of 5.84M $
- The big Secret crime, one of the café owner in France he published the book name “big Secret” in public